Spiral Heat Exchangers
The best technological solution
Manufacturing of Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel And Titanium Spiral Heat Exchangers
The company BTS-ENGINEERING is engaged in:
- production and selling of spiral heat exchangers in Ukraine, as well as in Russia, Belarus, Lithuania;
- calculations of spiral heat exchanger for processes and technology;
- place of order and production of spiral heat-exchangers on the plant;
- process control and checkout of materials for the production of spiral heat exchangers;
- examination of compliance with regulatory documents;
- the organization of logistics and forwarding of the goods, help with selection of delivery service and method;
- supply of spiral heat exchanger to the CUSTOMER or buyer regarding to the agreement terms.
There are two types of spiral heat exchangers
Vertical spiral heat exchangers
Horizontal spiral heat exchanger
Spiral heat exchangers are equipment, widely spread and used in the world industry, which is explained by a number of important advantages in comparison with other types of heat exchangers. Spiral heat exchangers can be made of any roll material subjected to cold working and welding. Heat exchangers are compact, their design provides for the possibility of a complete countercurrent flow.
The self-cleaning effect makes spiral heat exchangers general-purpose equipment - they are applicable in working with liquid heterogeneous media, tending to deposit formation on the heat transfer surfaces, as well as with vapour or gas condensations under conditions of high vacuum.The cross-sectional area of the channels along the entire length remains unchanged, and the flow does not have sudden changes in direction, so that the surface contamination of spiral heat exchangers is less than of other types
Specifications of Spiral Heat Exchangers
The Advantages of Spiral Heat Exchangers:
- A high heat-exchange coefficient reaching 3820 kcal / m2 × h × oC, which is 2-3 times higher than that of tubular heat exchangers.
- Rugged construction, due to the sealing of each of the two passes, counter flows are not mixed.
- Heat exchangers occupy much smaller space compared to shell and tube heat exchangers.
- Ability to work with media containing pulp, fibers, solid sediment (up to 20%), as well as with viscous media.
- They are characterized by their compactness, low hydraulic resistances and a significant intensity of heat exchange at elevated coolant velocities.
- Easy access to internal surfaces and channels. Comfortable and accessible for maintenance thanks to removable covers. It is enough to remove the covers and access to the entire surface of the channel is open for inspection and cleaning.
- The ability to work with media that have a temperature above 200-300 ° C, which is very important in the chemical industry.
A spiral heat exchanger is constructed by rolling two relatively long metal strips around a mandrel to form two concentric spiral channels. The channels are alternately welded on opposite ends to form a hot and cold channel.
Distanced pins are welded on both sides to provide the sheets stiffness and strength as well as to fix the distance between the spirals.Spiral channels have a rectangular cross-section. They are limited by end caps. Spiral heat exchangers are made horizontal and vertical; they are often installed in blocks of two, four and eight units.Nowadays, spiral heat exchangers are the most reliable and easy to operate among the heat exchangers
Fluid movement scheme in spiral heat exchanger
Purpose. Spiral heat exchangers are used in alcohol, food, pharmaceutical, petroleum, chemical industries, housing services and utilities and other branches of industry where high-efficiency heat exchange is required.
At distilling plants, the usage of spiral heat exchangers can dramatically reduce the amount of water consumed.
Liquids that contain up to 20% solids (sugared wort, mash) can be used, as well as counter flow: gas-liquid and gas-gas.
Horizontal spiral heat exchangers are used for heat exchange between two liquids.
Vertical spiral heat exchangers are used for heat exchange between condensing steam and liquid; such heat exchangers are used as condensers and steam heaters for liquid.
• Heat recovery;